Sunday, November 23, 2008 | 12:21 AM
So here I was at Greenhills with my mom and dad looking for a place to buying bread my mom sees Delifrance and decides to buy there instead, so then I see the Starbucks right beside it and I go
Me:Mom can I have some money I wanna buy a frap?
Mom:Sige puntahan mo na lang kami ng dad mo dito. (gives me the money)
Dad:Habang nandun ka bilhan mo na ko ng plain Black Coffee.
Me:Sige. (Skips merrily to Starbucks)
When I get there I wait in line like everyone else, as I wait there were these two australians behind me arguing about how many Starbucks' they've seen in the Philippines and were relating stories to each other about how few there are in Sydney and how Gloria Jene's has taken over Manly or something like that (and NO I WAS NOT EAVESDROPPING, I just happened to hear their conversation about Starbucks goodies and what not). Then starts the mockery...
Starbucks Guy:Excuse me are you with them?! (Points to the Australian behind me)
Me:No, i'm alone.
Starbucks Guy:Okay, what's you order?
Me:Yeah I want BREWED coffee and...
Starbucks Guy:What?! Coffee?!
Me:BREWED! COFFEE!
Starbucks Guy:What else?
Me:A Caramel Frap(To be honest I forgot the name of my drink, 'cuz I don't go there often)
Starbucks Guy:What's your name?
Me:Pam.
Starbucks Guy:Huh?!
Me:PAM.
Starbucks Guy:Okay hold on to this, kay?!(gives me an order slip)
Me:Yeah, thanks.(takes it)
Do I NOT look old enough to handle myself i'm 14 for pete's sake!! I know i'm short but WTF?!
Same goes for the cashier.
Starbucks Guy2:Good Morning! (Looks over my shoulder, looking for an adult I guess)
Me:(Smiles politely, hands over the order slip)
Starbucks Guy2:Okay, hold on. (Screams for his boss to give him some change for a few 500's he had in his register)
Me:(Nods politely)
Starbucks Guy2:Wait for your change okay!?
Me:Yeah(and secretley think WTF do you think i'm doing here you moron?!)
Starbucks Guy2:Here's your reciept don't lose it.
Me:(Looks at him incredulously while walking away from him)
Again MOCKERY!
Lady In Charge Of Giving Out the Fraps:______ for Pam!
Me:Here. Thanks (smiles)
after 10 mins
Lady In Charge Of Expressos and Such:(is taking so.... sooooo.. long the Australians behind me were long gone.)
Me:Excuse me, can you please follow up my order hands her my reciept.
LICOEAS:(looks at it and gives it back to me) Ms. ano po ba order niyo?
Me:(Looks at her like she's an alien from outer space) A brewed coffee.
LICOEAS:Okay. (but obviously does nothing about it)
Dad:Anak, wala pa ba?
Me:Wala pa kanina pa ko dito.
Dad:Sige sabihin mo ipa-follow up na.
Me:Sinabi ko na wala pa ring ginawa.
Dad:Sabihin mo sa iba.
LICOEAS:(Gives out a coffee obviously for someone else)
Me:Ms, where's my order?! How long should it take for you to take the coffee out of the coffee maker?!
Lady In Charge Of Giving Out The Fraps: Mam, i'll do it instead.
Me:Okay.
Dad:(comes back with a very bad temper)MS. ASAN NA YUNG ORDER NAMIN KANINA PA KAMI NANDITO!(shouts at LICOEAS who then continues to ignore me) FUCK!
Bystander(Foreigner):Looks at dad then at the stupid lady.
LICOGOTF:Here you go mam.
Me:(Takes it hands it out to Dad who then storms out of the establishment with me trailing behind him)
Their service at that branch sucks. I may not go to Starbucks often but I know well enough that they're not supposed to treat customers that way. I've been to other branches and bought stuff on my own but this is the first time that this has happened so yeah I was kinda pissed. Thank goodness the lady handing out the fraps was there otherwise the expresso idiot would be ignoring me and would basically be facing the wrath of both my then infuriated parents. My mom even asked me why I didn't call her because otherwise I could have been treated differently, I said I didn't want to make a scene.
Mom:Why didn't you call the manager?!
Me:I didn't want to.
Stupidest day evah!!